Instructions for Accessing the Effective Supervisory Practices Webinar Series
NOTE: We recommend using the browsers Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari to access our learning management system. Internet Explorer is no longer supported and may cause technical issues.
On this page:
- Part 1: Login
- Part 2: Accessing the Live Webinars
- Part 3: Accessing the Quiz, Recordings, Slides, and Certificate
- Part 4: Schedule and Reading List
PART 1: Login
IMPORTANT: First-time visitors must log in and reset their password to activate the online classroom.
- Go to http://www.icma.org and use the LOG IN button in the upper right-hand corner
- If you have an ICMA account, type your email and password into the login interface on the left-hand side of the screen. If you were registered by ICMA as part of a group: enter your email and the password 123 into the login interface. You will be prompted to reset your password after logging in.
PART 2: Accessing the Live Webinars
- From the ICMA homepage, hover your cursor over the Careers and Learning tab at the top of the page, and select “Online Classroom” from the menu. In the future, you can return to the Learning Lab via the direct link learninglab.icma.org.
- After login you will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will find the series (labeled as a Learning Path) under “My Training.” You can also access the course via the “My Trainings” tab at the top of the screen.
- Click on the product to open the learning path view. (NOTE: After beginning the series, the series will move from the “Not Started” section of “My Training” to the “In Progress” section.)
- On the next screen, you will see a list of the individual sessions. Click the arrow to the left of each session to expand the view; you will then see the live webinar session and the accompanying quiz. Click the session to begin the Zoom Webinar.
PART 3: Accessing the Quiz, Recordings, Slides, and Certificate
- After viewing the webinar, return to the platform and use the blue “Next” button at the top of the interface to progress to the quiz. Click the “Start” button to begin; you must answer 70% of the questions correctly to pass. You may retake the quiz as many times as needed.
- Once you’ve completed the quiz, click the “Exit” button at the top of the interface to return to the learning path view.
- Within 48 hours of the conclusion of each live webinar, a recording of the session will replace the Zoom link. Use the same steps you took to view the live webinar to view these recordings. If you miss a live event, you may watch the recording to continue your progress.
- After each session, you can download the slide deck from the "Additional References" section of the learning path view:
- When you’ve finished viewing all sessions and completed each quiz, your certificate will become available. To download your certificate, navigate to the Achievements section via the widget in your dashboard or the link at the top of the learning management system interface.
- Click the “Download certificate” button to download a PDF of your certificate.
PART 4: Schedule and Reading List
Each session will last approximately 90 minutes, and will begin at 1:00 PM Eastern on the following dates:
|Wednesday, April 19, 2023||Session 1||The Foundation: Roles of a Supervisor / Supervisory Leadership and Ethics||Chapters 1, 2, and 3|
|Wednesday, May 3, 2023||Session 2||Sharpening Your Focus: Strategic Planning, Managing Workflow, and Budgeting||Chapters 4, 5, and 6|
|Wednesday, May 17, 2023||Session 3||Raising the Bar: Motivating Employees and Customer Service||Chapters 12 and 16|
|Wednesday, May 31, 2023||Session 4||The People Part: Hiring and Onboarding, Fostering Accountability, Evaluating Performance||Chapters 9, 10, and 11|
|Wednesday, June 14, 2023||Session 5||The Great Communicator: Team Building, Communicating, Leading Change||Chapters 7, 8, and 13|
|Wednesday, June 28, 2023||Session 6||The HR Stuff: Ensuring a Safe, Respectful, Harassment-Free Workplace||Chapters 14 and 15|